Voting Counts will also soon be featuring a number of elections from around the world, we will not be able to cover them all, but if you would like to create a short profile about a certain upcoming election we would be happy to discuss featuring your work on the website.
We are looking for short briefings about elections happening across the world, they don’t have to be more than 1,000 words long and should include information on:
- Name of the election
- Country in which it is held
- Date of the election
- What/who are the people electing? (Eg President, MPs etc)
- Electoral system
- Main candidates/parties contesting the election (if possible)
- Descriptions of their ideologies
You may also like to include:
- Key issues being contested
- What the current makeup of the parliament etc is
- What is the eligibility to vote in this country? (Ie Can women vote? Over 16s?)
If you need some help download this template, then when you’re ready to submit you can copy and paste the entire table into the submission form.
Please do not include any images as they may be subject to copyright. It may also be useful to include a few general sources at the bottom of your brief so that people can find more information about the topic if they would like.
You will be credited for your work and we can link to your twitter/website/blog. All submissions must be unbiased, which can be difficult but if you need some help do not hesitate to contact us, and will be checked over before publishing.
If you are interested in submitting an election briefing please join Voting Counts as a member (it’s free!) and take a look at your membership portal for more details.