Voting Counts has been continuously developing as an organisation since its launch in 2014. One of the most important aspects of this development has been the input of the volunteers who dedicate their time, knowledge and passion into the website. We are currently looking to expand this volunteer team.
Work is generally of an ad hoc nature, and thus being a volunteer works perfectly around your studies or work. Our current way of communicating is through a facebook group, where ideas and requests are posted so that you may volunteer for the opportunities that interest you.
We are looking for people who:
- Have a keen interest in politics.
- Are passionate about youth engagement.
- Want to help young adults to access political information by creating simple guides.
- Are able to produce unbiased content.
- Have an eye for detail and excellent spelling and grammar.
Being volunteer means:
- Your profile will be featured on the Voting Counts website.
- We can provide professional references.
- Getting content that you produce published on our website, with you fully credited.
- Invites and information to political events.
If you are interested in being involved, or have any further questions, please email Rachael at email@example.com
Update January 2017:
We are also currently looking for people with a particular interest in writing unbiased guides to the upcoming elections of Mayors whose positions were created by the Cities and Local Government Devolution Act 2016 (Inc Greater Manchester, the Liverpool City Region, the Sheffield City Region, Tees Valley, the West Midlands and the North Midlands). Although this is not a requirement of the volunteer role.
(Featured Image: David, a Voting Counts Volunteer, speaking at our 2016 launch event at the Speaker’s Residence in the Houses of Parliament)